Sunday, March 18, 2012

Personal Conversation

This is a conversation I had with God.

You have to realize that when I pray, I'm learning that it's a two way conversation.

I'm talking WITH God, not just TO God. Prayer is not just me asking God to do things for me or just me thanking God. It's Him responding to my requests and accepting my gift of thanks. In so doing, I have to be able to listen to His side of the conversation also. So, I have to be still and listen with my heart. And in so doing, God speaks to me.

Here is a snippet of a conversation we had on March 16, 2012.

Me: Life hurts.
God: I know.
Me: It's emotionally draining and anguishing.
God: I know.
Me: It wreaks havoc with my mind, body and soul. Sometimes I feel so unstable.
God: I know.
Me: I want to stop.
God: I know, but don't. Keep perservering.
Me: Why?
God: Keep perservering. Keep following Me. My reward for you @ the end surpasses even your wildest imagination.
Me: How can I trust You when I can't even see You?
God: Look around you.
         I am everywhere.
         I am in your boys.
         I am in the lulllaby's of the singing birds.
         I am in the beauty of that sunset you witness off your back deck.
         I am in the rainbow present in the wake of a passing storm.
         I am in the thunder of the roaring ocean.
         I am everywhere your eyes can see.
         And I am everywhere you cannot see.
         I am in the very air that you breathe and sigh.
         I live in your heart and soul.
         I AM.
Me: Ok.
God: Follow Me. I love you.
Me: Love you, too, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment